More like a journey than an album, this is almost 80 minutes of the most depressing, doom-laden black metal you will ever hear!
With vocals sounding not unlike the late Peter Steele from Type O Negative, this melacholic offering is just the thing for those of you who prefer your music to be a sorrowful, mournful experience. Long orchestral intros, irony-tinged lyrics, a few crushing riffs and even the occasional guitar solo, comparisons to the likes of Katatonia and Opeth aren't far off the mark, but Woods Of Ypres have an undeniably distinct sound that isn't easily forgotten.
01. Shards of Love
02. Everything I Touch Turns to Gold (then to coal)
03. By the Time You Read This (I will already be dead)
04. I Was Buried in Mount Pleasant Cemetary
05. Dirty Window of Opportunity "Can You Get Here in 10 Days?"
06. And I Am Pining (for you)
07. Wet Leather
08. Suicide Cargoload (drag that weight)
09. Halves And Quarters
10. You Are Here with Me (in this sequence of dreams)
11. Retrosleep in the Morning Calm
12. Don’t Open the Wounds / Skywide Armspread
13. Natural Technologies
14. Mirror Reflection & The Hammer Reinvention
15. To Long-Life, in the "Limbo Union"
16. Move On! (the woman will always leave the man)